Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Being mommy

Oh it was after mid night ... Lights dimmed but switched on. I must refregerate the biryani since Shaherbano likes it and oh before I forget I must make an egg for abbas. Asma likes the fruit chat so I better prepare it before she wakes up for pre-fast meal, the 'sehri'.
I love my kids since they happen to be the most loving and full family I have ever had. Since I have had a broken home, somehow I always wanted to cherish the moments filled with laughter from every nook or corner, joys and cheers surrounding every individual ... My dream!
The dream has come true. My dream is infront of me cherishing and prospering!
A female is a woman in the form of a sister, a daughter, a mother.
As I was thinking about all these relations which a woman makes here, I was simultaneously making tea for my husband. And I realized that most of my time had been consumed with my thoughts. I hurried to Shaherbano's room to wake her up as she takes the longest in waking up!
And there she was fast asleep, I quickly rolled her comforter to wake her up... ''mom please I know its sehri time I am waking up please just give me two more minutes''.. ''but its already so late two more minutes and then how will u finish eating so quickly'' I screamed at her being frustrated of telling her to get out of the bed! Shaherbano got out of the bed half asleep to the table. With her eyes half closed she managed to get the plate from my hand but didnt start eating until i gave her another warning.. ''Shaherbano for God's sake eat something only 15 minutes are left now'' .. ''Yes mom'' she replies tiredly and started to eat in a slow motion.
I thanked God that everyone ate in time specially Shaherbano! As I was thinking, Shaherbano came to me ''mom I am sorry I was so sleepy I didnt realize I misbehaved with you.'' ''Its okay love but please try to wake up in time'', I replied as she hugged and kissed me and went off to bed. And I started to clean the table being satisfied and happy with my family!

3 comments:

aalizeh said...

NICEYYYYY.... didn't think you could write so well huney....
i am impressed with ur family life... :)

love ya!!!!!!

Bina Aisha Shah said...

Nice little portrayal of conflict between the mom's angelic thoughts and the hysterical reality!

Yousuf Zia Ali Naqvi said...

nice one sherry...!!!!